Contact: Christian Ball
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Canton Parks and Recreation Revises Policies in Accordance with Responsible RestartOhio
May 26, 2020 – (CANTON, Ohio) – Due to Governor Mike DeWine’s Responsible RestartOhio and guidance from the Canton Health Department, Canton Parks and Recreation has revised the following COVID-19 policies effective immediately.
- Our main office located at 1414 Market Ave N, 44714 will be open by appointment only. All visitors will be required to wear a mask upon entering the building. To schedule an appointment, contact us at 330.456.4521 or email@example.com.
The following revisions have also been made:
- West Park (DIY Skate Park) located at 9th St SW & Schroyer Ave SW is reopened.
- Pickleball and Tennis Courts are now available for doubles play. Players are to maintain social distancing requirements and not congregate on courts for any reason.
- The Wayne Douglas Jamerson Spray Park located at the Edward “Peel” Coleman Community Center will remain closed and will not open this season.
- Park bathrooms will open in phases. Some bathrooms will not be reopened. Portable toilets will be placed at those locations. All bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Playgrounds and outdoor fitness equipment remain off limits.
- Basketball courts will remain closed until further notice.
- The Edward “Peel” Coleman Community Center will remain closed until further notice pending guidance from local health officials.
- Adult leagues including softball, sand volleyball, and kickball will resume this summer.
More guidance on registration, start dates, and distancing guidelines will be released at a later date.
- Information on summer youth programs will also be addressed at a later date.
- Shelter and facility rentals remain suspended. This includes all park shelters, Garaux Shelter, the Canton Garden Center, and the Edward “Peel” Coleman Community Center.
We ask that everyone be patient as we continue to adjust our policies in order to do our part in providing a clean and safe environment for everyone that participates in our programs and leagues.
Canton Parks and Recreation
Canton Parks and Recreation is responsible for youth and adult recreational programming and the upkeep and maintenance of more than 50 parks situated on 800 acres of land. Cantonians and non-residents are welcome to reserve a variety of shelters and facilities for their next gathering or celebration at affordable rates. Canton Parks and Recreation is governed by The Canton Board of Park Commissioners which was re-established by vote in 1920 and operates under Section 755 of the Ohio Revised Code. For more information, contact us at 330.456.4521 or online at cantonparksandrec.com.