Improvements made through our capital campaign are crucial to strengthening our parks and neighborhoods.
- Recent studies have indicated that parks have a substantial impact to urban neighborhoods.
- Property values are increased from 8%-10% for properties abutting or fronting specific park areas.
- Parks build community, providing a different focus or use for people/residents.
- Bird watchers enjoy the natural state of the park
- Children enjoy the playset and swings
- Others define parks as athletic fields or courts
- Families enjoy gatherings/reunions in shelter facilities
- Walking paths/trail areas provide exercise by walking or biking
- Parks can be a vehicle for creating social organization and community
- Parks serve an important role to rejuvenate the community in which it is located
- 2016: Pond Dredging, Inlet/Outlet construction
- 2016: Community crossing bridge construction
- 2017: Tennis Court reconstruction
- 2017: Bathroom Construction
- 2017: Electric Service installation
- 2019: New Parking lot and bathroom
- 2019: Electric upgrades
- 2020: North Stone Wall sign
- 2020: Raceway Tree Removal
2017: Bocce improvements, Shuffleboard improvements, updated HR fence, playground purchased
2018: Fencing for Bocce, Volleyball Court upgrades
2019: New swings & playset, lights added for (4) fields, Shade Structure acquired for tennis court area for future installation, bathroom upgrade
2020: WiFiber Cameras Set Up, Shuffleboard Improvements
Edward “Peel”Coleman Center
2017: Asphalt parking lot overlay
2017: Parking lot lighting added
2019: Renovation of gym floor
2019: New backboards, rims, dividers
2019: Renovation of offices, kitchen, main entrance
2019: Security system and electrical upgrades
2019: Took over day-to-day management of The Center
2020: New weight and cardio machines
Monument Park Restoration
2019: Replaced steps at South raceway outlet.
2020: Tree removal, walking trail construction.
2020: Raceway and pond dredging.
2020: Pond inlet, outlet, stone wall reconstruction.
2020: Shelter reconstruction.
2020: North and West stone steps construction.
2020: Creek inlet reconstruction.